Job Role Overview
The purpose of this role is to work with our clients’ delegates, helping them to deliver their L&D needs, mostly via our unique scenario based, experiential workshop solution.
Reporting into the Head of Department, the successful candidate will join a 20 strong existing team of support consultants whose primary role is to help delegates to improve their confidence and capability with skills and behaviours and their outcomes in specific scenarios.
Our truly unique approach to developing behaviour in the workplace, which we call ‘scenario based, experiential learning’, is where the support consultant will be most involved. The two core aspects of the role needed in a workshop environment are 1) acting and playing characters, providing essential delegate practise via the simulation of typical workplace situations and 2) Providing 1:1 feedback and coaching to assist delegates to improve their behaviours & confidence or overcome specific challenges.
Projects are undertaken UK wide, but a healthy majority take place at our Nottingham based development centre. This unique L&D environment is kitted out with the latest camera and microphone technology, as we use film as an important medium in the development of self awareness and behaviour. Support consultants will therefore be doing much of the above work with delegates, being discreetly filmed.
Specific applications where support consultants work with delegates in this way are for example improving leadership and people/performance management, as well as client management, selling and negotiation.
The successful applicant will work in a variety of workshop environments, with a broad range of delegate types and client market sectors. They will work with up to three other support consultants and a lead facilitator in each workshop setting to help delegates to achieve their intended workshop outcomes and improvements in performance.
The successful applicant will join a small team of committed and passionate people focused on being as good as we can be in a fun, relaxed and relatively informal environment.
What’s Required From the Successful Applicant?
- Demonstration of and a commitment to the living of our company values
- High standards of personal organisation and diary management
- A credible communicator and impactful influencer, confident and well presented in person, via the phone and email, and able to build strong internal & client relationships
- High levels of self-awareness, clear on their natural strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrable ability in ‘acting’ and character play, as well as coaching others to improve their behaviour and skills
- Technologically savvy, some understanding of AV solutions as well as standard MS Office proficiency
- A demonstrable understanding of human psychology and behaviour, and various learning solutions in the workplace
- Adequate levels of business, financial and commercial awareness
- Experience of leading and managing teams, and/or managing customer accounts and winning new business are all an advantage.
Does this sound like the career for you?
If this sounds like a job you would be interested in, send us a message with why you would be the right person for the job.Contact us and apply