Job Role Overview
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver predominantly ‘front end’ client facing web applications. The projects vary from new customised web application builds, customising of existing applications and working on internal business management applications.
Joining the existing web applications team, and reporting into the Head of Department, the successful candidate will build predominantly the user interface aspects of a variety of client projects, and will work closely with the web applications project manager, client account managers and other developers to ensure on time delivery to required project specifications.
There will be some client liaison but the role is largely internal, and will often require the ability to switch seamlessly between projects to maximise efficiency, as well as contributing to client agreement documentation such as initial briefs, pitch and specification.
The role will be instrumental in completing technical research, and the pushing of our company capabilities and boundaries to ensure we stay ahead of the curve, and competitive in the market.
The successful applicant will join a small team of committed and passionate people focused on being as good as we can be in a fun, relaxed and relatively informal environment.
What’s Required From the Successful Applicant?
- Demonstration of and a commitment to the living of our company values
- High standards of personal organisation and demonstrable ability to manage the complexity of multiple projects and tasks
- Significant capability in Bootstrap 3
- An awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies
- Excellent HTML5, LESS, Object-oriented PHP (MVC framework) and SASS experience
- Coding valid XHTML and CSS mark-up
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience with JQuery
- Experience in Vue, react and angular desirable
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- An avid interest in emerging web technologies.
- A robust understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems such as GIT
- Some experience in AJAX techniques
- Knowledge of HTML Email best practice desirable
- Experience in Laravel desirable
- Knowledge of hybrid development such as phonegap or ionic would be an advantage
- A credible communicator, well presented in person, and sufficiently confident on the phone and via email, and able to build team trust
Does this sound like the career for you?
If this sounds like a job you would be interested in, send us a message with why you would be the right person for the job.Contact us and apply