Why Invest in a 360 Degree Feedback Initiative?
If well designed, communicated and facilitated, 360 degree feedback is a proven method of obtaining high quality feedback for key individuals from across your organisation.
It can add significant value to an individual’s performance review as a holistic perception of their behaviours and skills. As such, it can help the person to be aware of their strengths, and improve their weaker areas as viewed by others.
It can also be instrumental as an assessment tool for internal people moves and promotions, as well as helping towards a training needs analysis for a person’s development.
Equally it can help to track progress on a person’s development and help towards quantifying a return on training investment which is notoriously difficult to do.
All our experiences tell us that a 360 feedback initiative if run effectively, can really boost the self awareness of leaders and managers and their subsequent action to maximise strengths and develop weaker areas.
What Does ‘Great’ Look Like?
The PDW Group way of doing 360 feedback is among the best there is and is a mixture of the following critical components:
- The right questionnaire – our experience and insight will ensure you are asking the right questions in your 360 survey
- Internal company briefing – all delegates and providers attend a short briefing session to cover the what, why, how and when aspects of the survey plus reassure them over concerns of anonymity
- Our simple and effective on line platform – a dedicated on line platform designed to securely capture feedback from delegates and providers. Our platform is different to many others and has many features which make the information provided more accurate and easier to complete
- In depth reporting – colour, graphical PDF reports for each delegate which includes peer benchmarking
- Personal Debriefs – often the missing ingredient, an intensive coaching style debrief with a PDW coach to ensure each delegate understands and acknowledges the key messages in their report. The debrief includes agrees key actions and the publishing of an action plan
Many of our clients conduct a 360 degree feedback survey for all key leaders and line managers on an annual basis and have culturally moved their business to a place where 360 is an integral part of their organisational and performance management cycle. Year on year progress reports and benchmarking also allows them to see where their investments have paid back, and who and where needs further attention.