What is the role?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented full-stack Graduate software engineer to join our team, working alongside our client support team.
The purpose of this role is to support, develop, and maintain internal as well as external web applications. This includes, but is not limited to, HRIS (Human Resource Information System) suites, CRM software, as well as bespoke client projects.
You’ll be empowered and encouraged to make appropriate decisions, and have freedom to spend some of your time pursuing your own projects. So if you are looking for something different from the norm and want to develop your skills and have more influence on the direction of technology and application development, then this is the role for you.
PDW Group is a training & development company based in Nottingham. We offer behavioural style improvements to a wide range of clients across a number of sectors and have exciting plans in place for our ongoing growth. Our team have a real passion for improving the customer experience, which underpins the world-class customer relationships that we pride ourselves on. We live our values; if your values are our values, you’ll be challenged and encouraged to live by them.
- Previous experience of any programming language e.g. PHP, Java, Python or similar languages.
- An excellent understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Familiarity with a version control system such as Git.
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Some knowledge of command line tools
- Experience with MVC (Model View Controller) frameworks (Laravel, Symphony)
- Experience deploying to and working within a virtual machine
- Some knowledge of TypeScript, Express & Node.JS
- A passion for learning and staying up to date with changing technologies
Pay & perks
This role is a full-time, fully-remote, role (40 hours per week, Monday to Friday) with a salary of £21,000 – £22,500 (depending on experience). While the role is fully-remote, you may be required to travel to our office occasionally for team meetings, and other activities.
Some of the perks include:
- Freedom and empowerment – you’ll be empowered and encouraged to make appropriate decisions and spend some of your time pursuing your own projects.
- Modern toolset – a Macbook, alongside with all the necessary professional-grade software, will be provided.
- Professional Development – you’ll continually be supported to improve what you do and learn new things.
- Remuneration – we’ll pay you a competitive salary, a contributory pension and 23 days holiday plus bank holidays as well as your birthday off.
- A little extra – team nights out, access to our team of behavioural experts that will coach you and help you develop your soft skills, decent coffee, free fruit and space for quiet time when you do visit the office.
Our values and culture
The values that the successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate at least most of the time are:
- Be Brave – Challenge ourselves and our clients. Be different & visionary.
- Be Generous – Give of ourselves & go beyond.
- Be Great – Good is the enemy of great. We set the bar high to create advocates.
- Be Human – Put people first. Seek to understand with humility & emotion.
- Be There – Be in the moment in everything we do, or don’t do it at all.