Corporate Away Days and Team Development
A corporate away day can transform the way team members understand each other, connect and work together.
Working to build a high performing team is no easy task. So a well designed and facilitated corporate away day can dramatically help team members to work as a cohesive team.
Great teamwork can deliver so much for the individuals, the team and the overall business. This includes financial, well being and many other measures, so rightly is a viable aspiration in which many businesses invest.
Furthermore, getting different teams together across the business to work better together can be equally beneficial.
In fact, we have numerous examples over the years of where we have saved companies literally ‘eye watering’ amounts of money, simply by getting people across different teams to communicate better together.
High performing team work is also considered to be one of the key outputs of great leadership, and a robust measurement of the effectiveness of any leader.
So what can we do on a corporate away day?
This will depend of course on what you want the outcomes to the experience to be. Many companies want a ‘lighter’ style of day, where the focus is on fun and a non business agenda. Others want a little more structure and a focus on a defined business objective. Either way, we can tailor the perfect day for the people involved.
Almost regardless though of the mood and objective for your corporate away day, getting people or different teams together, away from the ‘day job’ to discuss, define, feedback, challenge & plan together can be game changing.
Many of our clients report that this is so much more effective when corporate away days are externally facilitated. We have therefore helped many teams to dramatically improve what they do, and how they do it.
So how does a corporate away day help to develop great team work?
Whilst the specific components is almost limitless, corporate away days work well to achieve any of the following:
- People in a team understanding themselves and each other better. This means they work more effectively and collaboratively as a unit
- A team defining their own version of what a high performing team looks and feels like. This is the precursor to agreeing a plan to achieve it over time
- Cross team representatives coming together to understand the priorities and challenges of other teams. This helps core components of the organisation to work more effectively together.
- A team of people working on identifying and solving a specific challenge or problem that requires a breadth of perspectives.
- A team such as a board of directors working on and completing a business plan that everyone buys into
We hold many corporate away days at our development centre in Nottingham. We also have good connections with many UK based centres which provide specific solutions such as the outdoors or a focus on specific activities.
Just let us know where you want to go, and what type of activities you want to do. We can then tailor it exactly to your needs.