A team day, or corporate away day can transform the way team members understand, connect with and work together.
Working to build a high performing team is no easy task. So a well designed and facilitated corporate away day can dramatically help team members to work as a cohesive team.
High performing teamwork can deliver so much for the individuals, the team and the overall business. This extends to financial and qualitative terms, so rightly is a viable aspiration in which many businesses invest.
High performing teams are also considered to be one of the key outputs of great leadership, and a robust measurement of the effectiveness of any leader.
What can be done on a corporate away day?
There is no doubt that there are a series of standard characteristics or principles that define and enable high performing teams. Many of these are very relevant regardless of the industry, the type of size of team, or the individuals within it.
That said, teams that are serious about becoming high performing, must define much of what it means and how they achieve it for themselves. There are a variety of activities that teams can undertake to do that. So getting teams together, away from the ‘day job’ to discuss, define, feedback, assess, challenge, plan and implement is an essential activity.
Many of our clients report that this is so much more effective when corporate away days are externally facilitated. We have therefore helped many teams to dramatically improve what they do, and how they do it.
So how does a corporate away day help to develop a high performing team?
Whilst the specific intricacies can be almost limitless, corporate away days work well to achieve any of the following:
- People in a team understanding themselves and each other better. This means they work more effectively and collaboratively as a unit
- A team defining their own version of what a high performing team looks and feels like. This is the precursor to agreeing a plan to achieve it over time
- Cross team representatives coming together to understand the priorities and challenges of other teams. This helps core components of the organisation to work more effectively together
- A team of people working on identifying and solving a specific challenge or problem that requires a breadth of perspectives.
- A team such as a board of directors working on and completing a business plan that everyone buys into
We hold many corporate away days at our development centre in Nottingham. We also have good connections with UK based centres which provide specific solutions such as the outdoors or specific activities.
Just let us know where you want to go, and what type of activities you want to do. We can then tailor it exactly to your needs.